As the name suggests, this programme encourages the participants to be “On their Feet” and has been described as “Exercise in Disguise”. This fully accredited course (through the Northern Ireland Open College Network) has been designed for those who understand the value and rewards of bringing physical activity to frail, older people and those with disabilities.
The On Your Feet course provides training in the delivery of a robust session outline, while also allowing leaders the freedom to inject their own personality and above all make exercise fun!
As well as all course materials, LifeDock can also provide an ongoing support system ensuring that On Your Feet leaders never feel left on their own after they have completed the training.
The On Your Feet course can:
• Improve general fitness (including lung function)
• Improve mobility, strength and flexibility
• Improve posture and alignment
• Promote independence
• Improve social life
• Slow down age related illnesses and conditions
• Provide great fun
• Deliver a safe and effective exercise session
• Understand the implications and benefits of physical activity
• Employ motivation techniques and leadership skills
• Understand and address Health and Safety issues
• Understand how to adapt the session according to the abilities and needs of the group
• Learn how to break down, lead and choreograph new sessions