The LifeDock Chair Based Activity programme is a fully accredited course (through the Northern Ireland Open College Network) and has been designed for those who understand the value and rewards of bringing physical activity to frail, older people and those with physical and/or learning disabilities. The Chair Based Activity course provides training in the delivery of a robust session outline, while also allowing leaders the freedom to inject their own personality and above all make exercise fun!
LifeDock can also provide ongoing support, ensuring the Chair Based Activity leaders never feel left on their own after they have completed the training.
Chair Based Activity covers the foundations required to teach a Chair Based Activity session and includes 14 basic chair exercises.
Please note: There are no pre-course requirements necessary to attend Chair Based Activity.
Physical activity in the chair can:
• Improve mobility, strength and flexibility
• Improve posture
• Promote independence
• Have social benefits
• Slow down age related illnesses and conditions
• Be great fun
• Include activities using apparatus to enhance movement and enjoyment of the session
• Deliver a safe and effective Chair Based Activity session
• Understand the implications and benefits of physical activity
• Understand how to adapt the session according to the needs/ability of the group
• Employ motivation techniques and leadership skills
• Understand how to adapt exercises to suit the needs of the group
• Understand and address Health and Safety issues